Free Download OpenVPN 2 latest version standalone offline installer for Windows. OpenVPN 2 provides flexible VPN solutions to secure your data communications.
Overview of OpenVPN
The OpenVPN application was designed to be a full-featured SSL VPN solution that can accommodate a wide range of configurations, including remote access, site-to-site VPNs, WiFi security, and enterprise-scale remote access solutions with load balancing. OpenVPN implements OSI layer 2 or 3 secure network extensions using the industry-standard SSL/TLS protocol, supports flexible client authentication methods based on certificates, smart cards, and 2-factor authentication, and allows a user or group-specific access control policies using firewall rules applied to the VPN virtual interface. OpenVPN is not a web application proxy and operates through a web browser.
- Tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port,
- Configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines that can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients,
- Use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet,
- Use any cipher, key size, or HMAC digest (for datagram integrity checking) supported by the OpenSSL library,
- Choose between static-key-based conventional encryption or certificate-based public key encryption,
- Use static, pre-shared keys or TLS-based dynamic key exchange,
- Use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization,
- Tunnel networks whose public endpoints are dynamic such as DHCP or dial-in clients,
- Tunnel networks through connection-oriented stateful firewalls without having to use explicit firewall rules,
- Tunnel networks over NAT,
- Create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices
Discover the Cutting-Edge Capabilities of OpenVPN
In the world of virtual private networking, OpenVPN stands out as a versatile and powerful solution that offers a wide array of features. Whether you need to secure your private network traffic, tunnel various subnetworks, or configure a scalable VPN server farm, OpenVPN has you covered. In this article, we will delve into the many features that make OpenVPN a top choice for secure and flexible networking. Tunnel Any IP Subnetwork or Virtual Ethernet Adapter OpenVPN is renowned for its ability to tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual Ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port. This means that it can encapsulate traffic from multiple subnets or virtual networks and transmit them securely over a single connection. This feature makes network management more straightforward and enhances flexibility. Configure a Scalable, Load-Balanced VPN Server Farm OpenVPN is not just for small-scale deployments; it can be used to configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm. This means you can set up multiple machines to handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients. Load balancing ensures that the network can efficiently distribute the load across all available servers, making it ideal for large organizations or high-demand scenarios. Robust Encryption and Authentication When it comes to securing your private network traffic, OpenVPN leaves no stone unturned. It utilizes the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library, providing top-notch security for your data as it traverses the internet. You can rest easy knowing your information is protected by industry-standard encryption methods. Customizable Cipher Suites and Key Sizes OpenVPN lets you choose from a wide range of ciphers, key sizes, and HMAC digests supported by the OpenSSL library. This means you can tailor the level of security to meet your specific needs, whether you require strong encryption for sensitive data or want to prioritize performance in certain scenarios.
Unlocking the Potential: OpenVPN Powerful Features
Static-Key or Certificate-Based Encryption You have the flexibility to choose between static-key-based conventional encryption or certificate-based public key encryption. Static-key encryption is simpler and suitable for scenarios where certificate management is not practical, while certificate-based encryption offers robust security with public key infrastructure (PKI) support. Key Exchange Options OpenVPN supports both static, pre-shared keys and TLS-based dynamic key exchange. Pre-shared keys are convenient for smaller deployments, while TLS-based key exchange provides enhanced security, making it suitable for larger and more complex networks. Real-Time Adaptive Link Compression and Traffic-Shaping Efficient bandwidth utilization is crucial in network management, and OpenVPN helps achieve this through real-time adaptive link compression and traffic shaping. This feature allows you to optimize network performance, reduce latency, and ensure a smooth user experience. Tunneling Through Dynamic Endpoints, Firewalls, and NAT OpenVPN’s versatility extends to tunneling networks through dynamic endpoints, connection-oriented stateful firewalls, and Network Address Translation (NAT) devices. This means you can securely connect networks with dynamic IP addresses, pass through firewalls without explicit rules, and traverse NAT configurations with ease. Creating Secure Ethernet Bridges OpenVPN can create secure Ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices. This feature is valuable for scenarios where bridging is necessary, such as extending LANs or connecting remote offices as if they were on the same local network. Conclusion OpenVPN’s extensive list of features makes it a standout choice for anyone looking to establish a secure and flexible network. Whether you need to tunnel subnetworks, create a scalable VPN server farm, or secure your data with advanced encryption and authentication methods, OpenVPN has the capabilities to meet your needs. Its adaptability, robust security, and support for a wide range of network configurations make it a powerful tool in the realm of virtual private networking.
Software Name: OpenVPN for windows
Software File Name: OpenVPN-220.127.116.111.rar
Software Version: 18.104.22.1681
Size of File: 9.38 MB
Mode of Operation: Offline (Once installed, you may use it without an internet connection.)
System Specifications and Technical Information
- Required is a multicore CPU with 64-bit capability.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- Enables Windows 10 Creator Edition support
- 4 GB of free hard disc space is needed for installation; flash storage devices cannot be installed on removable media.
- 1024 x 768 screen (1280 x 800 preferred)
- Preferable: GPU card advised by Adobe for GPU-accelerated performance
Download OpenVPN Latest Version Free
To get the OpenVPN free setup, click the icon below. OpenVPN for Windows is fully installed offline, and it works flawlessly with both x86 and x64 architectures.